Sunday, July 3, 2011

Rice Cooker Mac 'n Cheese

Source: Wolfgang Puck

I made the best Mac 'n Cheese in my rice cooker! Here's another trick for your rice cooker! This recipe is from Wolfgang Puck, and it got unanimous thumbs up here. I like it even better than the crockpot mac 'n cheese.

Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
  • 2 cups macaroni 
  • 1 cup chicken stock (or water + 1 tsp. Better Than Bouillion)
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded mixed cheeses (mild cheddar, Vermont cheddar, mozzarella, and fontina) 
  • 2 tablespoons butter 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper 
  • pinch of cayenne pepper
Directions
  1. Place pasta and liquids into rice cooker. Close lid and press cook. 
  2. When pasta goes to keep warm, add the other ingredients, stir with paddle. 
  3. Close lid and keep on warm till ready to serve. Stays terrific for hours!
My notes: I used chicken broth, not water. A mixture of cheeses makes it turn out with a full, rich flavor. I use part cheddar, part Monterey jack (or mozzerella) and then whatever odds and ends of different cheeses I have in the frig. I double this recipe.

Happy cooking!

*Instant Pot: pasta and liquids in the pot, 4 minutes on high, quick release.  Stir in remaining ingredients, enjoy.

No comments: